On a list of overlooked things in the modern world, you would probably see the Miami Dolphins, leeks, and the ubiquity of electricity; but, on the top of our list is the unassuming baling wire. As a leading steel wire manufacturer and distributor on the East Coast and in the Midwest, we know a thing or two about this shiny metal miracle. Continue reading
Wickwire Warehouse Inc., a leading stainless steel wire supplier for businesses in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and throughout the Eastern and Midwestern U.S., has spent more than 70 years working behind the scenes to help some of the country’s top industries thrive with our superior quality stainless steel wire products. Here are just a few of the ways companies use our wires to serve their customers. Continue reading
Baling wire is used regularly in the recycling industry and is essential for keeping recycling facilities running smoothly. When recycling companies compact their recycling materials, they use baling wire to keep the baled materials from falling apart. No matter the size of the facility or the type of balers they use, baling wire is required to keep balers working properly. While some facilities choose to purchase cheap low-quality baling wire in an effort to save on overhead costs, they usually realize that low-quality wire ends up costing them more in the long run. Continue reading
In the modernized world, baling wire is an absolute essential. Spanning continents, farms, businesses, municipalities, and industries, baling wire brings its strength, malleability, and versatility to any application. Crucial as it is today, baling wire is certainly not an innovation; but rather, a storied, and invaluable resource—evolving with every passing year.
The Advent of the Baling
Circa the 19th century, baling wire made its debut on the world market, commandeering an enviable role in the agricultural industry. Usage of the material was limited, up until Charles Withington invented a prototype of the baling press. Given the technologies and realities of 1872, the baling press did not function as it does today. Indeed, like the carriage and buggy, the baling press required horse-drawn power in this era.
Progression of the Baling Press
Initially, the baling press saw itself utilized to secure bundles of hay. As hay loaded into the press, it would be ejected and sorted out as bales; then manually removed and shaped into a more storable form. Back in the year of 1872, and entering the 20th century, this method of baling was by no means efficient or without its criticisms. In those days before our trucks and automobiles, baling wire was not nearly as strong or as durable as it’s manufactured to be today. Being less reliable, the material posed safety concerns to wielders, operators, and animals alike.
The Modernization of Baling Wire
Ushering in the world that we know today, the inventions of the 20th century transformed every industry and technologies like baling wire. The process by which farmers utilized this material vastly grew in their sophistication, and efficiency. Paired with motored machinery, baling presses became even more ubiquitous, and useful. Replacing horses with even more grace, tractors automated much of the baling and haying process. By the festive 1960s, the agricultural industry of PA was looking greener as ever, thanks to baling wire twine. Outside of the farm, baling wire lent itself to repair work. In fact, these days baling wire is no longer secluded to the agricultural industry but finds itself utilized in any officiated construction, waste, and recycling process.
It’s for this, and a million family memories, that we proudly serve as distributors of baling wire across Philadelphia, and the United States.
Have you heard?
Wickwire Warehouse Inc. is proud to join forces with auto tie/boxed baling wire, and hi-tensile galvanized wire specialists, Orbit Metals! Collectively, we plan on bringing together our company’s greatest strengths to continue serving our customers the highest quality stainless steel wire products on the market today.
When Wickwire first heard the news that Orbit Metals was expanding globally, we had to get in touch with their leader, as our company’s demands continue to grow. Wickwire saw two major incentives in its decision to bring Orbit Metals products on board.
- Orbit Metals is a China-based enterprise operating out of Tianjin, a major port city in the country. They produce a wide variety of the highest quality bale tie wire for the growing demand of the wire’s essential packaging benefits across many industries. Throughout the world, Orbit Metals’ wire products are well-recognized and sold to many recycling, construction, and manufacturing companies for their reliability, durability, and quality. All of Orbit Metals’ values align perfectly with those we have established at Wickwire, and we are incredibly grateful to become an authorized dealer of their products.
- China holds the number one spot as the biggest manufacturing country in the world. Therefore, the convenience and cost efficiency of dealing with another major manufacturer for our wire needs was the best solutions for our company at this time.
- Wickwire Warehouse Inc. has plans to enter the recycling industry one day and grow our business geographically, so why not start now by expanding our product line with auto tie/boxed baling wire and hi-tensile galvanized wire specialists, Orbit Metals?
- Finally, we knew that we wanted to partner with Orbit Metals due to the fact the company was very competitively priced because of its many established relationships with major steel and wire suppliers in China. Customer satisfaction and quality are at both of our companies forefronts, and we cannot wait to see where this partnership takes us in the future.
Wickwire Warehouse Inc. continues to be Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and the nation’s number one steel strapping and baling wire supplier, amongst many more wire products. To learn more about our company and product line, please browse our site!
From mending fences to binding together bales of hay, baling wire is an essential commodity to those in the recycling, construction, and farming industry. Over the years we have heavily relied on this strong and durable wire to fasten and hold together a wide variety of materials for our personal as well as commercial benefit.
As the leading bale wire suppliers in the Philadelphia area, we know a thing or two about baling wire and what kinds are right for your business’s needs. Today, we are going to discuss the different types of baling wire we have available, and their ideal uses.
Types of Wire
Single Loop Bale Ties – Available in both black and galvanized, single loop bale ties are ideal for bundling plastic, metal, paper, clothing, as well as various recyclables. An extremely flexible option for those who need wire to fit certain requirements, bale ties can be cut into almost any length.
Black Annealed Baling Wire – These wires evenly coated oil surface prevents them from rusting and ensures a smooth feed into your baler machine. If you are looking for a durable, high-quality baling wire, black annealed is for you.
Coiled Baling Wire – Primarily used in automatic baling machines, coiled baling wire is best suited for large recycling plants, where the baling ties quickly move through the machine, quickly bundling together a hefty amount of material.
More Helpful Hints
- Different machines require different types of wire, so if you are unsure which type your machine needs, just ask.
- Make sure you are purchasing baling wire that is the right gauge for your unique requirements. The gauge is the thickness and diameter of the wire. If your wire gauge is too weak, the wire will snap under pressure.
- Another important factor to consider is the wire’s tensile strength. Tensile strength measures a wire’s ability to endure tension and pressure.
- Ordering in bulk will most definitely save your company money in the long run. Bale wire suppliers sometimes offer customers 5-10% discounts on large orders, which can save hundreds of dollars per year.
To learn more about our various bale wire products, or if you have a question about what type of wire is right for your company’s needs, please give us a call at 1-800-419-6720, and we will be happy to assist!
Baling wire first hit the scene in the late 1800’s and was primarily used in the agricultural industry. One of its first uses was to secure bundles of hay on farms, but the bundling process was far from perfect. Baling wire wasn’t as durable back then and would chip off, running farmers the risk of their animals being severely harmed. Over the years, baling wire’s strength, durability, and value has increased exponentially, and it has become an essential item used in many different industries.
Wickwire Warehouse Inc. is a proud supplier of many types of baling wire including black and galvanized single loop bale ties, galvanized hi-tensile baling wire, and auto-tie, just to name a few. Just recently, we’ve even become a distributor for Orbit Metals, a company that specializes in baling wire and bale ties. As our company continues to grow and customer demand increases, it was important to us to add more baling wire products to our already extensive inventory of merchandise.
Interested in our baling wire? Well, here are three facts about baling wire you may not have known and that may get you excited to purchase it from us:
- Although one of its primary uses is to package and secure bales, baling wire is also frequently used to galvanize other metals. This is when metal is dipped into another solution, usually zinc, forming a protective cover to shield the metal underneath from corrosion. Galvanizing greatly extends the life of the wire, and baling wire is strong enough to withstand the plunge into a hot molten substance.
- Baling wire has been around for over a century and continues to be a “fix-it-all” solution in the farming, industrial, and recycling industry. During The Great Depression, it was common for people to say, “you can fix anything with some spit and baling wire.” Many alternatives have since been invented, but baling wire continues to be a leader in its own right.
- In the construction industry, steel stockholders rely on baling wire to transport significant amounts of steel from one place to another. Baling wire in the form of catchweight coils is strong enough to fasten and hold the steel together, but also extremely pliable to adapt to many different sized materials.
Wickwire Warehouse Inc. is one of the top stainless steel rod, stainless steel wire, and baling wire suppliers in the nation. We are dedicated to providing fast and efficient services to our constantly growing customer base. To learn more about our company and the stainless steel products we sell, please browse our website.
Are you searching for steel strapping suppliers that can distribute their products in NJ, PA, OH and many other states across the U.S.? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Wickwire Warehouse Inc., we manufacture and sell quality baling wire and steel strapping through our Parade Strapping and Baling Division.
About Our Parade Strapping and Baling Division
If you’re a new customer, or just didn’t know, we here at Wickwire Warehouse Inc. have three main divisions: Wickwire, Parade Strapping and Baling, and United Roll Form. Together, all three of these divisions offer customers all over the country the products they need to do just about anything they want.
Through our Parade Strapping and Baling division, we have been able to establish ourselves as a premier provider of industrial packaging material. Specifically, we offer a complete line of poly and steel strapping, buckles and clips, shrink wrap/stretch film and, of course, baling wire. You can also rest assured that we carry a whole line of state-of-the-art tools to make sure all products are made perfectly, and on time.
Following are some details about a few of the products that are available from our Parade Strapping and Baling product line:
Bale Ties & Single Loop Baling Wire – Available in galvanized and black wire. These wires are perfect for recycling and bundling materials like plastics, papers, metals and much more. In addition, these can be used easily by machines or hands. We are the distributor of choice for those who need single loop baling wire and/or auto tie wire in black.
Steel Strapping – Our steel strapping is ideal for bundling and unitizing materials for better handling and reinforcing shipments. Our regular duty steel strapping is made to a specific finish, width, and gauge.
Stretch Film & Shrink Wrap – If you’re looking for clear plastic wrap that’s perfect for general warehouse use and shipping, our stretch film/shrink wrap is exactly what you need. It will keep your products secure and will prevent them from moving while being shipped.
In addition to these products, we also offer a variety of others through our Parade Strapping and Baling division. To learn more about them, please click this link: http://wickwireware.wpengine.com/strapping-history/, or give us a call at 1-800-419-6720.
Here at Wickwire Warehouse, we offer an assortment of baling wire through our Parade Strapping and Baling division. Specifically, we provide single loop baling wire, auto tie baling wire, and boxed auto tie wire. If you’ve never had the pleasure of ordering and using our baling wire, or baling wire, in general, you may be wondering why you should.
Why should you use baling wire?
For those who don’t know, baling wire is formed from steel that’s been annealed (heated and then cooled for a particular duration.) So, it’s not only strong, but it’s more malleable than other wire. Therefore, it will be perfect for anyone who needs a strong wire that will hold up under pressure. What’s more, it won’t cost you a ton of money to acquire because making it is relatively simple. So, if you’re in the market for some reliable wire that will not break easily, baling wire is exactly what you need.
How is baling wire supplied?
Typically, baling wire can be shipped to a client in the form that they need. The weight and diameter can often be customized, although we here at Wickwire Warehouse have diameters from 11 to 15 gauges, and the max length we have is 21 feet.
When it all comes down to it, there are many reasons why you should consider baling wire:
- It’s quality wire!
- It’s sturdy!
- It’s versatile!
Plus, even though it was originally used, and is still used by the agricultural industry, it can be used by packagers, recyclers, municipalities, and retailers. In fact, we have provided our single loop baling wire, auto tie baling wire, and boxed auto tie wire to many clients who work in each and every one of those industries. So, if you are looking for a company that not only makes baling wire but has experience packaging up and shipping baling wire out to many types of clients, we are your company!
At Wickwire Warehouse, we take pride in offering reliable and quality baling wire, steel strapping, stainless steel wire, and many other products. To learn more about our products and what we can do, please browse our site, or give us a call at any time.